1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Time Life: Cooking of the British Isles
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb butter (3 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup candied cherry (coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups seedless raisins
- 1 1/4 cups white raisins
- 1 1/4 cups dried currants
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruit, peels (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons candied angelica (finely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 7 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Brush bottom and sides of 9 x 3 springform pan with 2 tbsp butter.
- 3Dust with 2 tbsp flour, tilting to coat and flipping and tapping to remove excess.
- 4Combine cherries, raisins, currants, candied peel and angelica in a bowl.
- 5Add 1/2 cup flour and toss to coat evenly; set aside.
- 6In large bowl cream softened butter and sugar by beating with a wooden spoon against edges until light and fluffy.
- 7Beat in eggs one at a time, then slowly beat in remaining flour, allspice and salt.
- 8Combine nuts with fruit mixture and add to batter slowly, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 9Pour batter into pan and spread evenly with spatula.
- 10Bake on middle rack for 1 1/2 hours or until top is light golden or a cake tester comes out clean.
- 11Cool completely before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Christmas Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.6
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 965.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 59.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit