Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lovely on cold winter nights..
Make and share this Irish Chocolate Velvet recipe from Food.com.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until it is thick enough to hold its shape.
- Put the milk into a saucepan and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate squares and heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate has melted.
- Bring the chocolate milk to the boil.
- Remove pan from heat and add the whipped cream and whiskey or brandy.
- Stir gently for 1 minute to blend well.
- Pour quickly into 3 heatproof mugs or glasses and top each serving with a generous spoonful of whipped cream.
- Decorate with chocolate curls and serve at once.
Chocolatly Strong I did add sugar to the whipping cream.