Recipe by bshemyshua
A good chicken stew. Hot and filling. Biscuit type dumplings dropped by spoon into a creamy boiling liquid are simmered until done. Found this some where on the web.
- 4 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 4 onions, coarsly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage and 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen peas
- 6 cups baking mix (aka.Bisquick)
- 2 2⁄3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy pot or dutch oven, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper.Cover and cook on low heat about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, cover again and cook another 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred meat.Return to pot.
- Add peas and cook 5 minutes longer.
- To make dumplings; Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by large spoonfuls into boiling stew and simmer,covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.