Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Epicurious. A meatless yet rich dish that would make a perfect appetizer for St. Patrick's Day dinner. [NOTE: Sharp white cheddar is a great substitute for the Irish cheddar].
- 2 cups red potatoes, halved (1 to 1 1/2 inches in size)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups very small Brussels sprouts
- 2 apples, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 lb irish cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup irish stout beer (such as Guinness, you can use more if you like)
- 6 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Steam all vegetables until tender, about 15 minutes. Arrange vegetables and apples around edge of large platter.
- Meanwhile, toss cheese with flour in large bowl.
- Bring 3/4 cup stout, juice concentrate, and mustard to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and smooth, thinning with more stout, if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer fondue to bowl.
- Place in center of platter with vegetables.
Looks easy enough , and a great appetizer for St. Pats Day Party . Will be trying this !!