Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Wild Oats Natural Marketplace. Looks irresistible and had to post for safekeeping. Note: Since posting this, I have made this several times due to popular demand. It was the star of my Thanksgiving feast.
- 2 lbs organic red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup organic milk, warmed
- 2⁄3 cup irish cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Cut potatoes into 2 inch chunks. Place in saucepan, cover with water and stir in 2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, turn down to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes, return to saucepan. Mash potatoes by hand to a coarse texture. Turn heat to low, stir milk and butter. Fold in cheese and chives and add salt and pepper to taste.
I loved these potatoes. I used Irish aged cheddar and irish butter. These are delicious and easy to make.
wonderful mr picky very happy cherry bombers
What a great tater recipe!! I love red skinned taters, they work so well in this, and most other, recipes. I made this as written and used an Irish Cheddar Cheese (Kerrygold's). Served as a side to grilled steaks and green beans, so good!! I left mine quite chunky, as I didn't want a total mashed tater side and I probably added more then stated chives, love them. Thanks for sharing the recipe, made for Culinary Quest 2015.