One of the favorite Irish ways to serve potatoes. For a change try adding any of these:Leeks, nettles, peas, or brown crispy onions. Instead of the green onions I added frozen peas after mashing the potatoes with the hot milk and then kept the potatoes hot Looked and tasted great
- Finely chop the green onions (white& green tops) and mix with the cold milk.
- bring slowly to a boil and simmer 3-4 minutes, turn off the heat and leave to infuse.
- Peel and mash the cooked potatoesand while still hot mix with the boiled milk& green onions.
- Beat in some of the butter.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Put a knob of butter on top& serve.
- You can do this recipe ahead and reheat in a 350F oven, covered with foil until hot (apprx 30 minutes).