Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An Irish Traditional Cooking recipe courtesy of our local newspaper.
- 177.48 ml butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml ground almonds (optional)
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 22.18 ml caraway seeds, plus
- caraway seed, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 7-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until very soft and light. Beat eggs and gradually add into creamed butter mixture, beating constantly.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; add almonds (if using) and caraway seed.
- Add gradually into creamed mixture, beating constantly.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- Scatter a few more caraway seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Turn out of baking pan, remove paper and cool on a wire rack.
- This cake keeps well in airtight container.