Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An Irish Traditional Cooking recipe courtesy of our local newspaper.
Make and share this Irish Caraway Seed Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 7-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until very soft and light. Beat eggs and gradually add into creamed butter mixture, beating constantly.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; add almonds (if using) and caraway seed.
- Add gradually into creamed mixture, beating constantly.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- Scatter a few more caraway seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Turn out of baking pan, remove paper and cool on a wire rack.
- This cake keeps well in airtight container.