1 hr 15 mins
An Irish Traditional Cooking recipe courtesy of our local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Grease and line a 7-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- 3Cream butter and sugar together until very soft and light. Beat eggs and gradually add into creamed butter mixture, beating constantly.
- 4Sift flour and baking powder together; add almonds (if using) and caraway seed.
- 5Add gradually into creamed mixture, beating constantly.
- 6Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- 7Scatter a few more caraway seeds on top.
- 8Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- 9Turn out of baking pan, remove paper and cool on a wire rack.
- 10This cake keeps well in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Caraway Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.0
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 250.2 mg
- Sodium 322.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g