1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Stuffed with corned beef, cooked in beer and served with a mustard sauce made fron the pan juices. You can also use leftover corned beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cabbage leaves, blanched
- 1 lb corned beef, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place corned beef in a food processor and chop finely, remove.
- 3Add onion and celery and finely chop.
- 4In a bowl, combine egg, rice and mustard.
- 5Mix in corned beef, onion, and celery.
- 6Place 1/2 cup on each cabbage leaf and roll up tucking in ends and place seam seam side down in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 7Dissolve bouillon in boiling water, add beer and pour over cabbage rolls.
- 8Cover tightly and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Remove from oven and pour out 1 cup of liquid.
- 10Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, stir and cook over low heat 1 minute.
- 11Add liquid, increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- 12Pour over cabbage rolls and serve with additional mustard.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g