Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Stuffed with corned beef, cooked in beer and served with a mustard sauce made fron the pan juices. You can also use leftover corned beef.
- 10 cabbage leaves, blanched
- 1 lb corned beef, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place corned beef in a food processor and chop finely, remove.
- Add onion and celery and finely chop.
- In a bowl, combine egg, rice and mustard.
- Mix in corned beef, onion, and celery.
- Place 1/2 cup on each cabbage leaf and roll up tucking in ends and place seam seam side down in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water, add beer and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover tightly and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and pour out 1 cup of liquid.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, stir and cook over low heat 1 minute.
- Add liquid, increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Pour over cabbage rolls and serve with additional mustard.
i love the flavors of these sepreately can't wait to try this on paddy's day!
I had high hopes for this recipe. Both my husband and I ate one cabbage roll, but we did not enjoy the blend of flavors, at all.