1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Stuffed with corned beef, cooked in beer and served with a mustard sauce made fron the pan juices. You can also use leftover corned beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cabbage leaves, blanched
- 1 lb corned beef, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place corned beef in a food processor and chop finely, remove.
- 3Add onion and celery and finely chop.
- 4In a bowl, combine egg, rice and mustard.
- 5Mix in corned beef, onion, and celery.
- 6Place 1/2 cup on each cabbage leaf and roll up tucking in ends and place seam seam side down in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 7Dissolve bouillon in boiling water, add beer and pour over cabbage rolls.
- 8Cover tightly and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Remove from oven and pour out 1 cup of liquid.
- 10Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, stir and cook over low heat 1 minute.
- 11Add liquid, increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- 12Pour over cabbage rolls and serve with additional mustard.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g