Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nutty-lucious, buttery-yummy, cardamom cookies--simply delightful. Use any nuts you like and serve hot!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 tablespoons butter (1 stick and 1/4)
- 3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar (or brown)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk (as needed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I love cashews or macadamia nuts best!)
- Melt butter in pyrex bowl in microwave. Cool and add in sugar and egg. Beat to mix. In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamom. Add this to the butter mixture while mixing in milk--only add milk until the mixture mixes easily and is loose enough to drop by spoonfuls. Add in chopped nuts only to mix (the less mixing, the better), and drop by teaspoonful onto a silicone cookie sheet, or a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool on rack before transferring to plate.
These are very good, I used Macadamia's. The family thought the cardamom was a little strong, so I might cut back a litle on it or use ginger the next time.