1/1 Photo of Irish Brownies With Irish Cream Frosting
1 hr 20 mins
Based on a recipe from my Treasury of Home Baking cookbook. Cook time doesn’t include the 1 hour chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped (each square is one ounce)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup irish cream (liqueur)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by greasing it.
- 4Melt chocolate and butter in medium, heavy saucepan over low heat (I use a double boiler). Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Whisk in liqueur.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; stir into chocolate mixture until just blended.
- 6Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 7Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- 9Add cream cheese and butter to small bowl and beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in liqueur. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- 10Spread over cooled brownies.
- 11Chill at least 1 hour or until frosting is set. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Brownies With Irish Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (823 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: