MA HIKER's Note:
These super rich amazing brownies are adapted from a recipe from O'Conaills - an irish chocolatier. I received the chocolate from a friend, I don't think you can purchase it in the states. So use a good quality chocolate. I put the original irish ingredients in parentheses after the converted version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 ) and grease 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- 2Sift together the flour and cocoa, set aside.
- 3Melt the butter until liquid.
- 4In large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs to a pale cream color.
- 5Stir in the sifted dry ingredients until mixed.
- 6Add the melted butter and gently stir inches.
- 7Add the chocolate chips and fold inches.
- 8Turn into the baking pan, smooth surface and bake 32 minutes. (original recipe says 35-45 minutes, I always underbake a bit to get that moist fudgy texture).
- 9Let cool and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 77.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g