Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These super rich amazing brownies are adapted from a recipe from O'Conaills - an irish chocolatier. I received the chocolate from a friend, I don't think you can purchase it in the states. So use a good quality chocolate. I put the original irish ingredients in parentheses after the converted version.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 ) and grease 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa, set aside.
- Melt the butter until liquid.
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs to a pale cream color.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients until mixed.
- Add the melted butter and gently stir inches.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold inches.
- Turn into the baking pan, smooth surface and bake 32 minutes. (original recipe says 35-45 minutes, I always underbake a bit to get that moist fudgy texture).
- Let cool and cut into squares.