Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These super rich amazing brownies are adapted from a recipe from O'Conaills - an irish chocolatier. I received the chocolate from a friend, I don't think you can purchase it in the states. So use a good quality chocolate. I put the original irish ingredients in parentheses after the converted version.
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar (500 g Caster sugar)
- 3 large eggs (5 medium eggs)
- 14 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (100 g O'Conaill's cocoa)
- 7⁄8 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks (250 g)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (50 g, I round up!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 ) and grease 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa, set aside.
- Melt the butter until liquid.
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs to a pale cream color.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients until mixed.
- Add the melted butter and gently stir inches.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold inches.
- Turn into the baking pan, smooth surface and bake 32 minutes. (original recipe says 35-45 minutes, I always underbake a bit to get that moist fudgy texture).
- Let cool and cut into squares.