- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 3 cups low-fat buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the buttermilk, stirring until a sticky dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until there are no bits of flour at the bottom of the bowl.
- Form into two rounds and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Note: if the dough is too wet, add more flour.
- If it is too dry, add more buttermilk.
- It should be sticky and moist.