a semi-traditional soda bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- 2Slowly pour in the buttermilk, stirring until a sticky dough is formed.
- 3Knead the dough for a few minutes until there are no bits of flour at the bottom of the bowl.
- 4Form into two rounds and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- 6Note: if the dough is too wet, add more flour.
- 7If it is too dry, add more buttermilk.
- 8It should be sticky and moist.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g