Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Stir in enough buttermilk to make the dough soft.
- Dust the work surface with wheat flour. Knead the dough until smooth.
- Form dough into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Mark a deep cross in the top with a floured knife.
- Put on parchment paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped on the base.
- Cool on a wire rack and wrap in a clean tea towel to keep soft.