Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
quick brown bread with no yeast or abm from jean pare.
Make and share this Irish Brown Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups soured milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- in large bowl measure in flours, bran, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- mix together and make a well in center.
- pour in buttermilk and oil.
- stir just to moisten.
- scrape into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- bake at 350 for 1 hour.,.
- remove from pan to cool.
- serve plain or toasted.
- IRISH RAISIN BREAD; add 1 cup raisins.