This is delicious and healthy brown bread. I make at least 2 times a week. Another great recipe which doesn't require eggs and molasses (treacle)and if you don't have buttermilk just make your own. Simply add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice to a 1 cup of milk. Rest of the ingredients you have probably in pantry.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter 25cm (10inch) long loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine first 8 ingredients and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Add butter and buttermilk to a dry mixture and stir just to combine all together.
- The dough will be very soft and sticky.
- Don't over mix.
- Transfer dough to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until bread is light brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean about 40 minutes.
- Turn bread out of pan and cool on rack.