1/3 Photos of Irish Brown Bread
This is delicious and healthy brown bread. I make at least 2 times a week. Another great recipe which doesn't require eggs and molasses (treacle)and if you don't have buttermilk just make your own. Simply add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice to a 1 cup of milk. Rest of the ingredients you have probably in pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Butter 25cm (10inch) long loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl combine first 8 ingredients and mix well with wooden spoon.
- 3Add butter and buttermilk to a dry mixture and stir just to combine all together.
- 4The dough will be very soft and sticky.
- 5Don't over mix.
- 6Transfer dough to prepared loaf pan.
- 7Bake until bread is light brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean about 40 minutes.
- 8Turn bread out of pan and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 432.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g