1 hr 20 mins
Yummy bread pudding curtesy of Cooking Light Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) French baguettes, cut into 1 thick slices 1/2 cup raisins 1/4 cup irish whiskey 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Caramel-Whisky Sauce: Combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- 2Cook an additional 15 minutes or until golden (do not stir).
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Carefully add butter and cream cheese, stirring constantly with a whisk (mixture will be hot and bubble vigorously).
- 5Cool slightly, and stir in whiskey and milk.
- 6Pudding: Preheat oven to 350F.
- 7Brush melted butter on one side of French bread slices, and place bread, buttered sides up, on a baking sheet.
- 8Bake bread at 350F for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 9Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes, and set aside.
- 10Combine raisins and whiskey in a small bowl; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft (do not drain).
- 11Combine 1% milk and next 4 ingredients (1% milk through eggs) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 12Add bread cubes and raisin mixture, pressing gently to moisten; let stand 15 minutes.
- 13Spoon bread mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 14Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pudding.
- 15Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until set.
- 16Serve warm with Caramel-Whiskey Sauce.
- 17*Substitute1/4 cup apple juice for the Irish whiskey, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Bread Pudding With Caramel-Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 267.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g