Recipe by mermaidmagic
This recipe is from an old friend who is straight from Ireland. I usually omit the caraway seeds, but it's good either way.
Top Review by chefamorisav
This is ugg one of my all time favorites. I will sometimes use splenda instead of regular sugar. And Crasins instead of reaisins. All the joy half the fat. Good job on securing this one.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 -2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup milk, approximate,to make stiff batter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter, egg and sugar.
- Then mix together with the remaining ingredients.
- Use as much milk as needed to make a stiff batter.
- If possible, use a heavy (cast iron) frying pan to bake bread in.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- This is great served warm or toasted the next day with butter on top.