Recipe by Bergy
Sometimes the Dippies are called soldiers and the are a favorite with children. Dip and yum slurp
Top Review by HeatherFeather
These were very good! A little heavy on the butter for my tastes, but an overall tasty recipe. It is often some feat to time soft-boiled eggs properly, and this recipe had the timing nailed down to a science. My eggs turned out perfectly soft to the minute. This recipe also brought back childhood memories for me - my mother prepared these often for me and my sisters.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and slip in the 2 eggs (pre prick them if you have an egg pricker), simmer 4-5 minutes (4 minutes produces a runny egg, 5 minutes firm white runny yolk, 6 minutes or over firm white and firm yolk)
- This of course will vary according to your altitude (The higher you are, the longer eggs will take to cook)
- Meanwhile, toast the bread, cut off the crusts and butter the toast
- cut the bread into 4 fingers.
- When the eggs are done, slip into an egg cup and slice off the top.
- Serve with the Dippies (the toasted bread fingers) on the side with Salt, pepper and pats of butter
- put butter in with the egg and dip your toasts.