1/1 Photo of Irish Blue Cheese and Tomato Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This is sooo great! I got it from the website Soupchick.com and it is a winner. The tomatoes are roasted and the blue cheese is melted into the soup so every bite you get a bit of the tang. Crispy bacon on top completes the perfect soup!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Rub a bit of olive oil on your hands and coat each of the tomato halves. place them cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and chop the tomatoes roughly in a food processor or by hand.
- 2In the bottom of your soup pot cook the bacon over low heat until it's crisp. Remove to a plate and cover with a paper towel. Reserve a tablespoon of the bacon fat to cook the vegetables.
- 3Add the onion, celery and carrots to the soup pot and cook stirring occasionally for 1 - 2 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Stir in the flour and mix well until it's completely incorporated with the veggies in the pot. Pour in the heated stock and stir well until the stock thickens slightly and the vegetables are soft.
- 4Crumble the cheese into the pot and add the chopped tomatoes. Bring the soup to a boil stirring to help melt the cheese. Remove the pot from heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. (Or let the soup cool slightly and process in batches in a blender or food processor; then return the soup to the pot.). Cook until the soup is hot but not yet at the simmer.
- 5Roughly chop the bacon.Serve the soup in individual bowls,, topped with bacon. Sprinkle the black pepper and chopped parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Blue Cheese and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.4
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 1235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 20.6 g