1/1 Photo of Irish Beef Stew With Guinness Stout
2 hrs 30 mins
Hearty beef stew for the Irish-minded
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 907.18 g beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 (with some fat left on the meat)
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1/4
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 29.58-44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml beef stock (or use canned)
- 118.29 ml Guinness stout
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 226.79 g carrot, sliced
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Heat a 6 quart stove top casserole or oven proof pot and add the oil and the bay leaves.
- 2Cook the bay leaves for a moment and then add the meat. Brown the meat on both sides on high heat.
- 3Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until it is clear.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and flour and stir until smooth.
- 5Add the beef stock and stout; simmer, stirring until the stew thickens a bit. Add the remaining ingredients and cover.
- 6Place the pot in the oven at 275 F: for about 2 hours, stirring a couple of times.
- 7Check for the salt and pepper before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Beef Stew With Guinness Stout
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 405.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 52.9 g