Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
St. Patty's Day done right: Meat, potatoes, and Ireland's best beer.
- 1 onion
- 907.18 g beef stew meat
- 709.77 ml guinness beer (bottled)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Cut two of the potatoes into slices, and the other two into quarters. (The sliced potatoes break down and thicken the stew.).
- 2. Put a pot over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, put in the onion and garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3.Cook the onions and garlic until soft, about six minutes.
- 4.Add the Guinness, the beef, and the potatoes to the pot. Turn the heat to high.
- 5.When the whole mess of goodness begins to boil, turn the heat to low/simmer and cover the pot.
- 6.Simmer the stew for two hours, stirring every once in a while. About ten minutes before it's done, taste it and add more salt and pepper if you like.