Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a rich yummy dessert! You need only the rind of the lemon.
Make and share this Irish Apple Torte Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 3⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- Heat oven for 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, egg yolks, butter and lemon rind. Divide into two parts.
- Press have of the mixture into the pan.
- Mix applesauce, cinnamon and cloves. Spread on top of dough in pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the dough over the applesauce.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream or lemon sauce.
Haven't seen this recipe for a long, long time. It does not say if you are using canned applesauce, but if so then the rating is as above, if not I would give it a 5!!! Homemade applesauce makes all the difference. Thanks for submitting.