Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ineteresting combination. Sounds like a great match for pork.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb tart apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- Cook potatoes in salted, boiling water until tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile place apples in a pot with 1/3 cup of water and the sugar; cook at a simmer until soft.
- Mash the cooked, drained potatoes thoroughly.
- Mash in the cooked apples (with any remaining liquid), salt, pepper and butter.
I made this over the weekend to go with toad in the hole and it is sooo good. Especially with a fairly heavy meal like sausages. the apple just freshened it all up
GOOD! This really made alot of taters, and my family liked it alot. I don't even know how to describe the taste...different but good, mild flavor. I thought the apples might overpower the potatoes but it didn't, I added some extra butter after trying just for personal tastes. I didn't know what to have with it so I baked some chicken breasts and seasoned them...it was a good combination. I will be making this again! Thanks for posting this unique recipe! :) Oh, I used golden delicious apples by the way.