Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
sweet rich version of Irish soda bread Great with tea or coffee in the afternoon.Recipe came from King Arthur bread site. I made a few changes to make it more diabetic friendly.Full of raisins and delicious
- 3 cups unbleached flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup golden raisins or 1 cup black raisins
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk or 1 3⁄4 cups soured milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- In large bowl,whisk together flour,baking powder,baking soda, splenda and raisins.
- In separate bowl whisk together egg beater,buttermilk and melted butter.
- Quickly stir wet ingredients into dry ingred.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5" loaf pan.
- Bake bread in preheated 375 degree oven 45 minutes to an hour or till cake tester comes out clean.