Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tasty recipe is from a local Irish brewpub.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white portions sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 2 cups pale ale or 2 cups white ale
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- Heat oil over medium heat in 12 inch skillet. Add leeks and garlic, and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Saute 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, and cook 15 minutes, or until cabbage wilts and begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add ale, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until most of ale has evaporated. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.