Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Native to Kenya, this mash combines potatoes with watercress, peas and corn. Easy to prepare and delicious.
- 6 white potatoes
- 14.79 ml watercress, chopped
- 236.59 ml cooked peas (either fresh or frozen will work)
- 236.59 ml cooked corn (either fresh or frozen will work)
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter (I use light myself)
- salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice into thick wedges. Place in large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender but not falling into a mush.
- Pour off the water and begin to mash the potatoes by hand. Add in the watercress, peas and corn and mix everything until well combined.
- Season the mash with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
This is a different and delicious potato dish. I used frozen corn and peas. I put them in a colander, then to drain the potatoes I poured them into the colander over the corn and peas. I used light butter as you suggested and this dish came out great - thanks for sharing!