"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This recipe is from my Mother-in-law, Irene. She was vegetarian most of her life. This was not something I was use to, but learned to love some of her recipes. This recipe is versatile, so add what ever your family likes to this Mexican casserole! "We miss you, Mom" 1919-2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, place everything except the milk, eggs, and cornmeal; boil for 20 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- 2Add the milk, eggs, and cornmeal; mix well.
- 3Pour into a large casserole dish.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees for 1/2 hour.
- 5Serve with salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irene's Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.1
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 1413.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g