Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is my great aunt Irene's recipe. I never tried it, but she was a wonderful cook so it must be good!
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then add sugar and pecans.
- In another mixing bowl beat eggs slightly, then add oil, almond extract, bananas, and pineapple.
- Add this mixture to flour mixture.
- Mix well, but do not beat.
- Place batter in papered bunt cake pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
I had some "rotten" bananas in the freezor and some leftover crushed pineapple from another dish. This recipe was perfect to use up both. This made a very dense, moist cake. Very quick and easy to do. I love the almond extract taste in this cake.