Recipe by Mitchell Furumoto
A classic Jewish bundt-style coffee cake recipe that has been passed through several generations of my extended Chinese American family starting with Irene's mother Donatella. This is a family favorite that Irene brought to family gatherings.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sour cream (yogurt works too)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I prefer brown)
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted nuts (such as pecans or walnuts, a bit more nuts is good too)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (or try blueberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and cream well.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add sifted ingredients to cream mixture.
- Add sour cream and beat until mixed.
- Pour half in greased and floured bundt pan.
- Add half topping mixture.
- Pour over rest of batter.
- Top with rest of topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes or until done.