Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful cake recipe that I got from my sister-in-law's mother-in-law, Irene! She makes it every year for family gatherings and it is so yummy!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together: cream cheese,butter,sugar.
- Add eggs-beat just until blended.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to creamed mixture-beating after each addition.
- Put in a greased & floured 13X9 pan.
- Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle on batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes-do not over bake or will be too dry!