Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We had a potluck at work and I tasted this incredible salad. The ingredients blend so well together it's a party on your tongue. This is my favorite salad. This recipe was shared with me by Irene, my coworker. Salad needs to be chilled which is included in cook time.
- 1 cup of finely chopped broccoli, floweretes
- 1 cup of finely chopped cauliflower floret
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup white raisins or 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and place in a sealed container.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Absolutely delicious....and gets better with age....the craisins add that sweet/tartness to the recipe that makes it unique...yum..yum...
Quite a tasty salad! I used crasins and cut the recipe in half but other wise followed it. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Delicious salad and very simple to throw together. I used the Craisins and it was fantastic.