- 5 ounces milk
- 8 ounces spring onions, sliced or 8 ounces chives
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb mashed potatoes, made without cream or butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the milk to a simmer with the spring onions.
- Add this to the mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add half the butter and a pinch of nutmeg and beat well.
- Spoon the potatoes into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Put the remaining butter in the well and serve.