Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
this food is a staple in my house. you cant go wrong. its fast, incredibly easy, and healthy too. serve with toasted pita.
- 2 cups orange lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry onion
- 1. wash lentils.
- 2. fill pot with lentils and water, pepper and salt, onion.
- 3. bring to a rapid boil.
- 4. cover, reduce heat to simmer.
- 5. cook 20-25 min until thick and yellow.
I just made this,very good!! I shredded a very small amt of carrot just for colorand texture,then when serving put a few finely sliced greenonion on top!!