Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious sweet snack which would go well with tea or coffee. Originally POSTED FOR RAMADAN TAG, yet I have since tried it and enjoyed. Out of The Complete Middle East Cookbook By Tess Mallos.
- Chop dates roughly and place in a heavy pan with the ghee.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until dates soften, and are combined with the ghee.
- spread half the date mixture in a 9 in (23 cm) square pan.
- Sprinkle walnut pieces over the dates, pressing them in lightly. Place remaining date mixture on top, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle evenly with toasted sesame seeds, pressing them on lightly.
- Leave until cool and cut into small squares or diamond shapes.
- Store in a sealed container and serve as a sweetmeat.