1/4 Photos of Iraqi Cardamom Cookies (Hadgi Badah)
Found this recipe while looking for an Iraqi chicken and potatoes dish requested in the NA/ME forum. (From chicken to cookies, yes my mind wanders.) Saw this and thought it would be a great addition to 'Zaar for all my cardamom loving friends. The original recipe is from "The World of Jewish Cooking." Posting for some future ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with a light coating of cooking spray, oil or butter. (Looks like parchment paper would also work well with these cookies.).
- 2Sift together the flour, cardamom, salt, and baking powder.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until light and creamy. Stir in the flour mixture, then the ground almonds.
- 4Pinch off a small piece of dough and hand form into 1-inch balls, moistening your hands with rose water or orange blossom water, if desired. Place on the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly. Press a whole almond into the center of each cookie.
- 5Bake until lightly browned about 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- 6Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iraqi Cardamom Cookies (Hadgi Badah)
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g