Recipe by echo echo
I tend to think of apples as being matched with pork but here they complement the lamb very well. Some may want to add more salt.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 small firm cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped (not too sweet)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, saute onion in 2 Tbs oil until golden and translucent.
- Add the lamb and brown on all sides.
- Add salt through cinnamon plus 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a separate skillet and saute the apples 3 minutes.
- Add apples to the stew with the lemon juice and simmer 30 minutes more.