This dish is best served with warm pita bread, fresh herbs, and fresh radish.
Make and share this Iranian Eggplant Dish - Kashk-E-Bademjan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel the eggplant, and cut a slit along the side. Salt it, and let it sit and drain for half an hour. Rinse salt off.
- Slice the two eggplants thin lengthwise into 5 or 6 pieces each.
- Baste in olive oil on both sides.
- Lay these in an oven proof dish. Cook until golden brown.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves, and fry in a pan with olive oil.
- Remove eggplants from oven, add to onion/garlic mix. Puree mix in a food processor until chunky but smooth. Return to pan.
- Add sour cream, simmer for fifteen minutes. Place in serving dish.
- In a smaller pan, fry the mint in oil. Drizzle or spoon over the eggplant as garnish.