This dish is best served with warm pita bread, fresh herbs, and fresh radish.
Make and share this Iranian Eggplant Dish - Kashk-E-Bademjan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel the eggplant, and cut a slit along the side. Salt it, and let it sit and drain for half an hour. Rinse salt off.
- Slice the two eggplants thin lengthwise into 5 or 6 pieces each.
- Baste in olive oil on both sides.
- Lay these in an oven proof dish. Cook until golden brown.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves, and fry in a pan with olive oil.
- Remove eggplants from oven, add to onion/garlic mix. Puree mix in a food processor until chunky but smooth. Return to pan.
- Add sour cream, simmer for fifteen minutes. Place in serving dish.
- In a smaller pan, fry the mint in oil. Drizzle or spoon over the eggplant as garnish.
uhis dish was superb,it was a little to runny for wraps,but great
I'm Iranian (half) and this tastes super yummy!
Super recipe! Thank you. If you are Persian or otherwise, this is the very best dish to try if you love to knosh, great also with Barbari bread ( if you can find it in small town Canada) Kheli Mamnoon!