1/1 Photo of Iranian Eggplant Dish - Kashk-E-Bademjan
One Little Deer's Note:
This dish is best served with warm pita bread, fresh herbs, and fresh radish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Peel the eggplant, and cut a slit along the side. Salt it, and let it sit and drain for half an hour. Rinse salt off.
- 3Slice the two eggplants thin lengthwise into 5 or 6 pieces each.
- 4Baste in olive oil on both sides.
- 5Lay these in an oven proof dish. Cook until golden brown.
- 6Chop the onion and garlic cloves, and fry in a pan with olive oil.
- 7Remove eggplants from oven, add to onion/garlic mix. Puree mix in a food processor until chunky but smooth. Return to pan.
- 8Add sour cream, simmer for fifteen minutes. Place in serving dish.
- 9In a smaller pan, fry the mint in oil. Drizzle or spoon over the eggplant as garnish.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iranian Eggplant Dish - Kashk-E-Bademjan
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g