Barbell Bunny's Note:
I love the recipes found on My Persian Kitchen, as they are authentic and delicious Iranian dishes. I chose this one, "Mitra's Sunshine Chicken" not only because it had my name in it, but because I remember my step mother having made this dish and I absolutely love it! The flavors are elegant and delicious. From My Persian Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rough chop the onion and place in a large pot.
- 2Add chicken on top.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add turmeric.
- 5Add 1/2 cup of water.
- 6Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. 10 minutes into the cooking, give the whole pot a stir to allow the turmeric to coat the chicken and onions.
- 7If you choose to use fresh lemon juice, squeeze your lemons now.
- 8When the chicken is done, remove it from the pot and keep warm.
- 9Add saffron mixed with water and lemon juice to the water remaining in your pot. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- 10With a hand or regular blender, process the juice and onion until nice and smooth. Let reduce for a few minutes on low hear until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- 11Arrange your chicken in a platter and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- 12Serve with Iranian polo (rice).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iranian Chicken With Turmeric, Saffron, and Lemon Juice
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 123.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.5 g