Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Here is one of the greatest cold-weather side dishes in the world. This is a most requested recipe, that goes great with many entrees. Guests who try it once will ask you for the recipe. Originally a lady named Ippy Patterson, learned of this recipe from a lady she knew in San Francisco.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn (do not use unsalted corn)
- 2 (10 ounce) boxesfrozen corn niblets, semi-thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together all ingredients except both kinds of corn.
- Gently mix in creamed corn.
- Add corn niblets, taking care not to crush kernels.
- Pour into ungreased Pyrex or china baking dish, about 9x13x2".
- Bake 1 hour, or until top is golden and custard is set.