1/3 Photos of Iowa State Chicken Parmesan
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe took 1st place in the Iowa State University cafeteria contest. It was posted in the Des Moines Register in May 1991. It's a bit different using cornflake crumbs. Note: You may need to adjust baking times accordingly if using boneless pieces of chicken. ISU's baking time may be too long!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in saucepan; cover and simmer, set aside.
- 2Combine corn flake crumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley flakes; mix well.
- 3Dip chicken in beaten egg and then roll in crumb mixture. Place in 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick coating.
- 4Cover with foil and bake at 375* for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Pour seasoned tomato sauce mixture over chicken. Sprinkle mozzarella over top and return dish to oven for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iowa State Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 273.4 mg
- Sodium 773.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 81.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: