Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a big winner in our work pot lucks,I was requested to bring it all the time and its easy easy to throw in a crock pot also. It may not be an Authentic Maidrite...but everyone who has tried them seem to agree they are pretty darn good.
- 3 lbs ground beef, fried and fat drained off
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1.5 (1 1/3 ounce) envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- hamburger bun
- After frying hamburger and draining it, mix in all the soup mixes and simmer to blend flavors,about an hour would do.
- Ladle on top of hamburger buns and treat them like you would a sloppy joe.
- Any left over meat is great for taco and burrito filler.
Very good. I toasted the buns, added a pinch or two of dried red chili (Southern California Palate!) and a splash of sherry. Wine brightens the taste. Served it with fat free potato chips and a green salad. Great light din din.
These were very good. I served them with swiss cheese and the guys loved them - DH ate four of them! Great flavor.
I love Maidrites! We have a Maidrite place up in Northern Mn by Gull Lake. I always get mine with cheese. This recipe is also good on top of mashed potatoes. Yum. Thanks for posting!