Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yes,..it's very very good!
Make and share this Iowa Catfish Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb tomato, cut small,can
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tabasco sauce, dashes
- 1 rice, hot,cooked
- Cut fillets into 1-in pieces.
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add flour, stirring until brown.
- Remove from heat and add water slowly, stirring till blended.
- Add all ingredients except catfish and rice.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves, add catfish and simmer 8- 10 min.
- more until fish flakes to the fork.
- Serve over rice in soup bowls.
- Possibly better to wilt all fresh vegetables before adding to pan.