Recipe by love4culinary
Delicious and simple Fish Rolls from Italy. After trimming your swordfish, you should make sure you have at least 8 ounces of trimmings for your filling.
- 2 lbs swordfish fillets, VERY thinly sliced and trimmed (trimmings reserved)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, piccante. diced
- 3 ounces breadcrumbs, homemade preferred
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil in a pan, and brown the onion, garlic, and trimmings from your swordfish.
- After browned, add parsley, basil, breadcrumbs an capers.
- Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes and remove from heat to cool.
- After it has cooled slightly, run the mixture through a food mill.
- Combine diced Provolone piccante and beaten eggs with the breadcrumb/onion mixture.
- Take out your very thinly sliced swordfish and flatten slightly with a mallet.
- Then take your filling and place a nice sized spoonful pf mix in the middle of your flat fillets.
- Roll up the fillets and hold it closed with a toothpick.
- Saute rolls in a bit of olive oil until cooked through.
- While rolls are cooking, prepare sauce.
- Add lemon juice to a non-reactive bowl, and start whipping it vigorously adding your olive oil very slowly in a steady stream until you acheive a superior emulsion.
- Finish off with garlic oregano and tomato.
- Spoon a nice amount of sauce onto your plate, and place rolls on top of sauce.