1/1 Photo of Involtini Di Manzo
Berliner Goere's Note:
Another great find from Giada De Laurentiis. Juicy and scrumptious. Rouladen Italian style. There is really no need to serve potatoes or other starch with this. I just served an appetizer of mozzarella, tomato and basil to start with. Truly heavenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 beef scallopini (Milanese cut, long and very thin)
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 1Sauté carrots, onion and garlic in 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter until carrots are tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Let cool slightly, then stir in parmesan.
- 2Season beef with salt and pepper. Place 2 tbsp of carrot mix in the middle of the wider end of each beef slice. Roll up slices starting at the wide end and tucking in the sides to enclose filling. Secure end with poultry laces or toothpicks.
- 3Heat the remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Lightly dredge the beef rolls in flour. Add to pan and brown on all sides. Add the wine and scrape up the browned bits on the bottom. Carefully stir in the tomatoes and add the bay leaf. Cover and simmer until beef is cooked through about 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the beef rolls to a plate and let rest.
- 4Stir the peas and prosciutto into the sauce in the pan and simmer until the peas are heated through and sauce has slightly reduced. Season to taste.
- 5Remove picks from beef rolls and drizzle the sauce over the rolls.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Involtini Di Manzo
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 388.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: