Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I call this invented because I came up with it in about ten minutes while trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. It's very quick and easy and I think the tomatoes and garlic are what really add the flavour to this dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Heat butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the onions.
- When the onions begin to become transparent, add the mushrooms, garlic and chicken stock.
- Add the cooked rice and salt.
- Sautee the rice for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently until the chicken stock is absorbed.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and oregano and cook another 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Serve as a perfect side dish to grilled chicken.
I liked this a lot. I used it as a base recipe to make a risotto, actually. I didn't have any mushrooms but I made it with calamari instead. So it became a main dish versus a side dish. Works very well with calamari!