Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a wonderful fancy dish, and it doesnt take as long as you think! guests will think you have been slaving away in the kitchen for hours, but it's not that difficult! it's quite an exotic dish with parmesan crisps, and guacamole, and garbanzo beans. you can't miss out on this dish.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup garlic and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 7 -8 crushed butter flavored crackers
- 1 cup raw peeled garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 9 white pearl onions
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco Pepper Sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon flour
- water, for boiling
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 12 stalks asparagus, sliced in halves (long way)
- 1 cup fresh guacamole (see recipe)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- parsley, to garnish
- bring water to a boil, and dump garbanzo beans in, reboil, and cook until beans are 90% softened.
- once cooked, take out of water, and set aside.
- dump pearl onions, with peels, into the same boiling water, until peels start to come off.
- take out and rinse in cold water, to take peels off. coarsely chop, and set aside with garbanzo beans.
- cut off the ends (about 2 inches) of the asparagus, and steam until softened.
- meanwhile, mix together breadcrumbs, 1 cup grated parmesan, and crushed crackers.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- to make parmesan crisps, heavily grease cookie sheet, or parchment paper, and make 4 circles (about 5 inches in diameter) of parmesan cheese, and bake for about 8 minutes.
- once baked, let sit, until needed.
- cover salmon filets with bread crumb mixture (medium thick).
- take out asparagus, season with salt, and lemon pepper and put in a greased, foil covered tray. top with remaining breadcrumb mixture.
- put into oven for about 8 minutes. once done, take out and set aside.
- put oil into medium high heated pan, then lower heat to medium and put in salmon, skin side up, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until parmesan side is golden brown and crispy, and flip, and continue cooking on skin side for desired doneness.
- put parmesan crisps on plates (1 per plate), and once salmon is done, put salmon (one filet per plate) atop the crisps.
- in the same pan used for salmon, add oil, dump in garbanzos, and onions, and let cook, stirring often for about five minutes. then add in chili powder, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, cumin, garlic, paprika, and sugar, and cook until mixture has some golden brown color. then add in stocks, and let mixture cook a little more. then add flour to thicken, and turn off heat.
- plate asparagus (4-5 halves per plate) and garbanzo beans (1/4 cup per plate) alongside salmon, and top salmon with about 2 tablespoons of guacamole, and garnish with parsley.