Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are such a change from the everyday popcorn balls. This recipe came from the Jello website and my daughter and I made them for her class at Christmas. They are super yummy and the kids get a kick out of the different flavors and vibrant colors. I left out the nuts and they turned out great. They are nice and soft to chew, not like some popcorn balls that can be hard to bite into. These were a hit in our house, I hope you like them also!
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) packageany flavor Jello gelatin
- 1⁄2 lb peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Place popcorn in lightly buttered large bowl.
- Mix sugar and syrup in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add Jello.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Pour over popcorn, mix well and then cool for about 5 minutes.
- Shape into 2" balls and eat them up!
They didn't firm up at all. They were soupy. I tried twice so I'm quite sure I followed the recipe. Maybe I used to wrong type of corn syrup??
I LOVE THESE!!! I made these without the nuts, since I cant have them, and I cut the batch in half, and they were so good! Thanks!