Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
So simple, and so good! Add a veggie or salad and dinner's done! I like to serve this over rice, but it is equally as tasty over cooked egg noodles. I also add extra 'shrooms cause we LOVE them!
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes dry ranch dressing mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms (more if you want)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper
- Mix together dressing mix, chicken, mushrooms, butter, and chicken broth in crock pot.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours.
- About 1 hour prior to serving, mix mushroom soup, cream cheese, and garlic; add to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 1 more hour.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve over rice or noodles.
Wow! THANK YOU, Manda!! Spectacular dish and so wonderfully crockpot easy. I have to admit I was skeptical about the high setting, but the chix was plenty moist and of course, delightfully tender. Only small changes I made were to increase to 16oz mushrooms (more would certainly not hurt!), only 1 can of soup, and lowfat cream cheese. During the last hour I also thickened it with a couple of Tbls. of corn starch diluted with equal water and added a couple of Tbls. of sherry cooking wine. It smelled SO good I didn't even take time to make a salad...DH and I just had it over brown rice. Yum, yum!!
I cut the chicken breasts in half and only used 1 envelope of the ranch dressing mix, 1 can soup, and 4 oz cream cheese. It was very creamy and had a great flavor. Served this with boiled red potatoes and a side of steamed broccoli. Thanks Manda! I will make this again.
Oh Baby! This was more than interesting, it was terrrrrific! I made this for DH's supper last night. We had it over brown rice. I used a reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup and it was still a great recipe. It was pretty saucy, so plan on that. We'll definitely make this one again. Thanks for posting it.